formal University programs, EIILM University is offering
comprehensive Distance Education and Professional
Skills programs across multiple fields. EIILM University
- Directorate of Distance Learning offers programs
in Masters, Bachelors, Diploma and PG Diploma levels
in various disciplines like Management, Information
Technology, Hospitality & Tourism, Engineering,
Journalism & Mass Communication, Biotechnology,
Bioinformatics, Apparel & Fashion Design, Social
Science, Art and Commerce.
The University despite being located in the hilly
backward area of Sikkim, has robust IT enabled infrastructure.
Computerization of the processes for the Online Student-Faculty
Interaction like Query Handling, Online Live Chatting,
Online Discussion etc. are very satisfactory. The
faculty members are well versed with the operations
of the virtual platform & the live online operational
model. The processes from Admission, Examination to
Result Declaration, Courseware Packaging & Dispatching
are also computerized.
The University is in the process of implementing “IntelliEXAMS”
a composite Software package encompassing Admission
to Examination processes from MindlogicX.
Courses* offered are recognized by Distance Education
Council, New Delhi.
The main objectives are:
1. To provide facilities of higher education to the
working population, women and adults, who wish to
upgrade their education or acquire knowledge in various
2. To provide education for Economically Backward
and such other people who cannot attend regular face
to face class room teaching.
3. To help the students to upgrade educational qualification,
for academic achievements in the process of lifelong
4. To develop education as a lifelong activity so
that the individual can refresh his/her knowledge
or he/she can acquire knowledge in new areas.
1. The Directorate of Distance Learning (DDL) is presently
located in its own building of about 6000 square feet
2. Curricular contents, mode of examination and the
degrees to be awarded are the same as applicable to
the students of the regular programs of the University.
3. The learning process of the DDL is mainly through
the medium of printed study materials. Self Learning
Materials (SLMs) are in the Block/Unit format as per
the DEC specifications. The university has planned
to put the Self Learning Material on its website and
the same will be readily accessible to the enrolled
4. Audio Visual and Electronic aids are being added
in some subjects as a reference resource.
5. The University is also developing the Virtual Learning
Class-rooms (VLC) facility for the students.
6. Assignments are distributed online on website;
e-mailers and Hard Copy through Indian Post to inaccessible
and to other through Courier.
7. The DDL has an independent Library and Four reading
rooms for the students. Forty thousand books are available
with journals of national and international repute.
8. Guidance Lectures and Practical Classes are conducted
every year through Personal Contact Programmes (PCP).
9. Counseling to the students at any time during office
hours at Head Quarter is available by the core faculty.
The methodology of instructions at DDL of the University
of EIILM is different from that of the conventional
Our system is more learner-oriented & the learner
is an active participant in the teaching-learning
DDL follows the multimedia approach in instruction.
• Printed study materials in English
• The question-papers in the subjects printed
• Face to face interaction with teachers at
PCP centers & Counseling at DDL by the Coordinators.
• Provision of virtual classes in near future
NAME OF THE PROGRAMS
Graduate and Post Graduate Programmes.
View the Distance Learning Website. Click Here